What we collect
We may collect (either directly or through third-party services such as Google Analytics) the following information:
- Your name and contact information, including a phone number, postal or email address.
- Information we may automatically receive when you visit the Site, including your browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, the day and time of your visit and the website page you visited prior to visiting the Site.
- Demographic information such as age, gender, zip code, preferences and interests.
- Information you provide in inquiry or when providing feedback about the Site.
- Other information for customer surveys, promotions and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We collect information to understand your needs, provide better service, and enhance our marketing efforts including, without limitation, as follows:
- Improving our products and services.
- Sending promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Market research and internal record keeping purposes.
- Customizing the Site according to your interests.
- Carrying out our marketing activities.
- Fulfillment of products and services.
- Promotional campaigns.
- Responding to your inquiries.
- Administering the Site, identifying any server problems, and calculating Site usage levels.
- Identifying you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Sharing with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. IF you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact” section in our Terms.
Third-Party Vendors and Services
We use third-party vendors and services, including Remarketing with Google Analytics, in connection with our online advertising, and to help us analyze how visitors access and use the Site. Our advertising may be shown on sites across the Internet. Any data collected through our use of Google Analytics will be used in compliance with the Google AdWords Interest-Based Advertising Policy. We also may contract with third-party service providers who may provide services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other services. As part of the contracts and services, information you provide may be shared by us with any of such third-party vendors. These vendors have separate privacy and data collection practices which are independent of us. We are not responsible or liable for these independent practices, policies or actions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and allows us to recognize you whenever you visit the Site. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on our Site are being used. If used, this helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
In addition, we and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Site and to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Site, there may be a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at 80 William Street, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481 attn: Marketing Department.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Choices and Access
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or contact us and request to be removed from our email marketing database.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your personal information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates which whom we have already shared it. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products or services.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to use any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise.
Publicly displayed information is public
Information you may provide on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials that may become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to share with other users or the general public.